Tuesday, November 6, 2007

In today's biology class we...

  • we went over yesterdays quiz and discussed the metabolic chemical reactions that take place during mitosis and the characteristics of the stages that occur during the interphase. We also talked about the differentiation between healthy cells and cancerous ones. (Cancerous cells multiply faster and cause problems because they don't perform their functions.)
  • Mr. Challoner told me that I was similar to a canceous cell. He said that I am "contagious" to the other "cells" around me. When I talk, (or don't follow through with my duties) I cause other "cells" (classmates) to do the same.
  • We went through the crossword puzzle and web with information about the process of mitosis and what happens in each stage.
  • We did a quiz that was an overveiw of the mitosis section. It had questions about the different stages of mitosis and questions about cloning and how it is done.
  • After the quiz we were asked to read pages 448-449 as an introduction to the next section on Miosis.

November 6th, 2007 Spencer Mousek 3/3 =) (p.s. Sorry for talking all the time)

2 comments:

Biology 30 Student said...

Spencer,
not sure where the rest of your blog is. Thanks for the comment x talking. You realize, I hope, that I have your best interests in mind when I nag about paying attention.
Email me with an explanation about your posting. (kchalloner@chinooksedge.ab.ca)
Mr. C

Biology 30 Student said...

ok - NOW I get it...
So, I still only see "what we did today", not the other two requirements. Please refer to your course outline or the first blog message for detail. Come see me if you are still uncertain.
1/3