Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Andrea Grenier: Nov. 19th (3/3)

What we did:
We went over question #9 on P.483
We finished nothes on the law of independent assortment and probability calculations
We did an activity on dihybrid crosses by tossing pennies


Thoughts/Opinions about material:
During the activity, we labelled pennies and tossed them to show the probability of inheriting genetic traits. I liked this activity because it showed random patterns and it parallels to real life. In real life, the probability of inheriting certain genetic traits is random. What I didn't like about this activity is that you had to toss 4 pennies...96 times...twice!! And then write your result for each toss. Oh and I missed the last block of the friday before because I was getting a hepatitis A shot...So I had no clue about question 9, so I can't really relate to that...

Above and Beyond:

I like this Punnett Square because it shows really well the predicted genetic traits. I like the colors.

1 comment:

Biology 30 Student said...

good entry Andrea.
Please ensure you "get" the material required for question 9.
3/3
Mr.C